Thread: PRS-650 Good old Sony reader!
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 07:18 AM   #1
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Good old Sony reader!

I just wanted to say that while Sony has really screwed themselves when it comes to the e-reader sector it has had nothing to do with the quality of their hardware. I've been browsing the Kobo and Kindle forums and the number of complaints regarding the quality of the hardware has been astounding. I've had my 650 for getting close to two years now and while it does lack a light I have never ever had a freeze, or a spontaneous reboot or a problem with the battery draining overnight or slowdowns with a lot of books or anything like that! It's unfortunate that Sony never had the vision to back up their great hardware. To me their bookstore is a desolate desert and their yearly reader revisions (although great quality wise) always seem designed to fight the last war rather than the next one so to speak.
I think that my 650 is still good enough for me to wait at least another product release before jumping in and getting a new reader.
(by the way I use the PRS+ custom software and that also makes all the difference in the world).
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote