View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I don't like that font used in that scanned image. The capitols are too big compared to the lowercase and look at ho the uppercase J descends below the lowercase. IT just doesn't work and will end up giving a somewhat large line height.

The font I do rather like is Charis SIL. From it, I generated a proper smallcap version. The default line-height is fairly small and the uppercase/lowercase ratio is rather good. The caps are not too big and the lowercase not too small. Plus, I was easily able to modify the font to increase the weight a little to make it look even better with an eink screen.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote