View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #48
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
After connecting, nothing happens. This seems counter intuitive. Perhaps a message telling the user it is time to send some books from Calibre to the device
This is not a bad idea. It didn't occur to me that we would need something like that because of course when the user plugs in a device using a cable, the device doesn't say anything. However, in our case where the device has its own UI, perhaps it should.
Quote:
If the phone goes to sleep I can't reestablish my connection to Calibre. The wireles connection from the server side is still on, but the client in the device can't find it. I'm forced to go to Calibre, disconnect and restart the connection.
Does calibre companion still think it is connected? If not, then we might have a timing problem where the phone has disconnected but the server doesn't know it yet. I am not sure what to do about that...
Quote:
Now, this is perhaps a bit unfair, but this is what I thought I'd be able to do.
Since my library is in the cloud, I wan't to be able to access it at any time, no matter what device I'm on. I assumed Calibre Companion would do that for me and I would stil be able to find the books I want.
I'm using Box and I can off course get to my library through the Box client for Android, but since file names aren't always intuitive I'm not always able to find what I'm looking for.
If you were expecting an android implementation of calibre, then sorry, that won't happen. However, see below ...
Quote:
Now, being able to initiate downloads from the Android app would be a godsend.
We plan to add a content server client, which might help here.

I am also looking at being able to talk back to calibre through the device interface. This creates no end of challenges, primarily because calibre is not designed to permit that. There are also several user interface issues that have no obvious resolution. I hope to eventually provide something, but I might fail. We will see.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote