View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel3ub View Post
Thanks.

What I do is convert the PDF to RTF, edit it and then convert from the edited RTF to mobi. Since there is no images or such, it works well.

My question is: the "insert blank lines in mobi when a page break in PDF is found" behavior is a bug or a feature?

Should I file a bug report? It seems like a bug to me

Thanks!
To be honest you are better to convert the PDF to ePub. Then you can format it how you want it to look and convert it to AZW3. RTF in Word leaves a lot of garbage that you don't need and don't want. With ePub, you can make it look nice and when that's done, it will convert better. Plus, with Sigil, you can easily split at the page breaks or combine as needed. It's not that hard to pick up and it will give you a better file to read when you are done.

As for whether the page beak issue is a bug or not, it's probably not. No two PDF will convert the same. So it's just what is. You'll have to fix it averward. So if you convert the PDF to ePub and then use Sigil to correct the output and fix the formatting, you can then convert it to read on your Kindle better then RTF.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote