View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #36
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
Graycyn - how are you dealing with the phone side of the device? I read earlier that you were only interested in it as a tablet with the occasional wifi access. I have the Galaxy Tab 10.1 wifi/4G and I keep my 4G turned off by having it de-selected under the "Mobile network settings" (Use packet data).

This prevents the radio (4g access) from being turned on while still allowing access to the wifi radio. You do not have to use "Airplane Mode" as this turns off all wifi/4g and probably bluetooth as well.

This may extend your battery time.

Also for use of stand alone map/navigation access via the GPSr. Look into MapDroyd (free) and NavDroyd (small one time fee). You just download the maps that you need for your area and you have a fully functional GPSr. Once you purchase NavDroyd you can download it across both of your devices.

I believe the cell service is not required to do any OS upgrades as my tablet suggests using wifi (faster downloads of large files).

John
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote