View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 12:07 PM   #19
kkarthik
kkarthik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank you for your reply Murali. I tried to convert the 3rd part of Parthiban Kanavu from Project Madurai to Mobi format. The following steps led to a better outcome and are listed below for the benefit of everyone:

1) Download the pmtsc###.html file from Project Madurai for the text in question (that is, the TSCII version of the book. I was unable to convert any native unicode file to tscii and then to mobi - got rendered as gibberish all the time on my Kindle 3)

2) Open the html file in Word (tested on Word 2007)

3) tweak the margins (.2" on all four sides works well) under page layout

4) Change "center" justification to "left" justification for the entire document

5) Adjust indentation on the left margin to the bare minimum for the whole document - any indentation in the HTML file seems to filter into the mobi file. This was tricky and took several iterations to get right. Save the file.

6) Convert the html file saved in (5) using the unicode2tscii converter, uploaded by Murali on this thread.

7) Import the converted html file into Calibre and convert to mobi format using only the default settings.

8) Upload mobi file to Kindle and enjoy!

P.S. Parthiban Kanavu Part 3 attached - the table of contents rendered poorly so all links were disabled.
Attached Files
File Type: mobi Parthiban Kanavu - Part 3 - Kalki.mobi (285.5 KB, 562 views)

Last edited by kkarthik; 04-11-2011 at 12:10 PM.
kkarthik is offline   Reply With Quote