View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #19
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@cirocco - kudos to you for being brave enough to go fiddling with the code .

It has been massively restructured for the new version and large swathes of things had to be changed, so the code is very different now. The problem is that if *I* add such a feature I will be doing it in such a way that *any* field could be imported. Which will involve a lot of navel contemplation and effort - sadly sneaking a few extra buttons on screen won't be an option. Particularly when you have to start supporting custom columns, date fields etc it all starts getting very complicated.

However as you have already used this plugin for such a purpose, you or of course others could provide valuable input into how the "official" version might look/work. Especially since I don't have a lot of time to think about it right now.

Completely off the top of my head, I'm thinking that there would be a button somewhere on the "Resolve" screen, which would give the user a popup allowing them to select which column(s) of data to import (by default it will be none). A bit like metadata download. So the user will immediately see the effect in the matches grid. It wouldn't be a per book setting, it would be an all or nothing overwrite.

Would that work well enough? Is it fair that it always defaults to importing no columns, and every time you use the wizard you decide which column(s) to import?

Any comments welcomed, no promises on it being implemented of course.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote