View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 03:21 PM   #19
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Well, I visit a lot of science fiction conventions and it is a very common opinion that Baen mostly publish a certain kind of sf and it is not the sf that usually win prices.
Well, I would point out that they are the publisher of most of Lois McMaster Bujold's works and she has won quite a few of the major prizes.

That being said, prizes, I think, often reflect more the people giving the prizes than the actual quality of the work that is awarded a prize.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote