View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The publisher is trying to go for a look like the pBook version and not all fonts that look good on paper look good on eInk.

But what I do is either I find a heavier weight version or I make one myself. It's the main body font that's the issue. The others aren't used that much and I can deal no problem. Sometimes the fonts are there for a good reason.

For example, 11/22/63 used embedded fonts very well.

The problem is that the one's who make the eBooks with the embedded fonts to simulate the pBook don't look at it on an eInk reader and see that the font is too thin.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote