View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 05:32 PM   #1
j4GGy
j4GGy began at the beginning.

Device: KoBo Glo
Problems compiling Qt for Kobo Glo

Hi guys,

I've been roaming this forum for the past 4-5 days and I really liked the idea of developing some own applications for my Kobo Glo. My ultimate goal would be to create a more comfortable pdf-reader but that is still far away :-)

I have next to none linux- and Qt-background except some playing around a few years ago and the last few days. I do however have some experience with C/C++. I run Ubuntu 12.04, installed Qt 4.8.0 (configured for ARM) and use arm-linux-guneabi-g++ for compiling. I can run standard C-executables compiled by me (like "hello world" and stuff) but as soon as I start using Qt I get stuck...

For example: If I download sergeyvl12's KoboLauncher (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=201632) and use his binaries everything is fine and the application has no errors. But if I use his source files, compile them (qmake + make) and try to run them my Glo kind of freezes. In the telnet-console i get

Code:
Loading iType.. YES
but then nothing else happens. I suspect it has something to do with the differences showing up in what i get from the 'file' command:

KoboLauncher compiled by me:

Code:
file KoboLauncher
KoboLauncher: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), 
dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.31,
BuildID[sha1]=0xcd0375f0d4f08cb266fd2242ff86d41f8690d771, not stripped
sergeyvl12's binaries:

Code:
file KoboLauncher
KoboLauncher: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV),
dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.16, not stripped
It would be really swell if someone could help me by telling me if my suspicions are right and how I have to reconfigure Qt/qmake or my compiler.

And always remember: linux-newb here, so if you have the time: I am in no way opposed to learn what BuildID[sha1] means

Last edited by j4GGy; 01-20-2013 at 05:34 PM.
j4GGy is offline   Reply With Quote