Thread: Odyssey directories
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #17
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookripper View Post
Especially the latest batch of E-readers, all claiming to have 30.000 book libraries, are getting on my nerves. It's 2012. Windows '95 had a better sorting system than the so-called crème de la crème of current E-readers. And 90% of the forum keeps on supporting that stuff.... crazy...
I totally agree.

The huge problem, in my view, is the fact that current eReaders are not customizable at all AND that no private business has an economic interest in proposing an open HW/SW device (even big HW-only makers, like Sony, are struggling behind HW+content players, like Amazon). We really need some university/cultural organization/public entity to fund the development of such product.

For example, the problem with the indexing/file registering/etc. process when you add a book. One should have a way for disabling it, as not everyone needs it.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote