View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 01:54 AM   #11
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
We had the same template/subfolder problem with Calibre Companion and Kindle for Android. Changing the default in the wireless driver worked for new installs regardless of what was in the base send-to-device template.
Where was this blank text box? And did you restart calibre after you made the change?

I apologize for being so picky, but calibre definitely will not create subfolders if there is not a / somewhere in the template. Therefore, calibre did not use the template you entered and the question is why. Something else is going on, and unless that something else is identified it is likely that you won't get satisfaction.
The box wasn't blank till I cut the template string out of it (sorry I mis-stated in step 1, I cut not copied it then pasted it into a new text file where it remained till I restored it) and after applying the change (in two different places on the way out) I restarted Calibre.

Shutting down and going to bed now, so there'll be no more immediate replies from me.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote