View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 03:31 PM   #20
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Bezos said he wanted it to "disappear" in the hand and be booklike. I think that's why they went for the white color and that wedge shape. They wanted it to look like pages. The white reflects too much light back, though. The screen would actually be even more readable in a darker case. To me, it seems like they kept going down that conceptual road even after it was obvious that it was a bad idea. (Yeah, I know the FCC pics were unflattering but you'd thing they would've listen to all the hundreds of blog criticisms about how ugly the thing is.) I'm not a fan of the shape but I can see that maybe they were already too committed to change that. However, changing the color of an enclosure material isn't time consuming or expensive in manufacturing.
Bezos is simply wrong. While by no means massively uncomfortable, the shape needs work, without question. That left-side previous-page button is so big as to be plain ridiculous, as was mentioned earlier. Just madness. It really amazes me how some designs make it out of the concept phase...
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote