View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 10:06 AM   #55
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
I do. I paid $190 (got a Bing rebate while that was going on) for my PRS-300 soon after it was released and thought it was a great deal. But the market has changed-- it will be a cold day in hell when I pay $179 for the 350. The big appeal of the 300 at the time was that it was the single cheapest eInk reader on the market. Now their 5-inch reader is priced a large percentage higher than competing 6-inch readers? If that is the way Sony is going to play the game, they might as well close their ebook division now, because they are dead.
I agree; their ebook readers need to be at least $50 cheaper across the board. Get the PRS-350 to $130 and it might have a chance. At $20-$30 more than a Wifi Kindle or Nook, and you have given consumers a reason to exclude the Sony from their list.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote