View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 08:03 AM   #40
ereszet
Zealot
ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 Archos 704 wifi
Anything similar to what is in your drawing will work. I tried before and suggested a number of substitutes in my previous posts. When I am in my office, I don't bother to go to a copier. I frequently shoot a paper document placed on a table over a black background, keeping a camera in my hand. As I have already mentioned, I run a paperless office. Fifty or so pages of documents that come to my desk every day can go to my camera and my computer in a matter of 15 minutes. Any distortions I can correct later with batch software processing, but I prefer to do the photos right from the very beginning with the v-cradle in my home studio).

For precise positioning and fast shooting of a book you need more than your design. When trying to aim and zoom your camera from a tripod you will learn how difficult it is to adjust the tripod angles precisely (in three dimensions). I did it once and I don't touch my tripod and camera anymore, I can just move my v-cradle forward and backward, left and right, up and down, change the angle of v-panels (in the next model, even precisely change the length of micrometer legs). Also remember that you need to obscure your camera behind a black curtain or a paperboard, otherwise the camera will be reflected in a glass or a glossy surface of the (color) paper document/book.
ereszet is offline   Reply With Quote