View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 10:26 PM   #40
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
This is not what I got in my email, but it looks like the Mini is also being cut loose. (Which is weird since it's the same age as the Touch.) From the Kobo website ...

https://www.kobo.com/help/en-US/arti...mmon-questions

Quote:
What does this mean for my Kobo Mini?

As of February 28th, 2019, the Mini will no longer be supported by Rakuten Kobo. This means it will no longer receive software updates, and will not be able to connect to the Kobo Store.

Kobo Mini requires a mandatory software update by February 28th, 2019.

To stay aligned with global internet security standards, we are releasing a mandatory software update for all Kobo Mini eReaders. Without this update, the Kobo Mini will no longer be able to exit the setup process after a factory reset is performed.

No items in your Kobo library will be affected.

To update the Kobo Mini’s software: ...
What's the point of forcing the update, if you can't use the Mini on Kobo's site anyhow?
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote