View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 03:49 PM   #19
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I do realize all that. I think I made it fairly plain that my post was wishful thinking.
I don't think you made it as clear as you think you did. There is not a single indication in your post to let me imagine you didn't really mean what you said you did.

Look at this, for example:
Quote:
I think what might eventually change some of this will be when the justice department decides that exclusive books are anti-competitive, which, of course they are.
You are stating as fact that exclusive books are anti-competetive. What actual grounds do you see how you can convince the justice department of this opinion in a case of court? Exclusive book deals as in selling the exclusive right to distribute? That is covered and allowed under copyright law. The author gives a publisher the exclusive rights to distribute. That publisher can decide which retailer to grant permission to sell their books on their behalf. The retailer is under no obligation to accept the terms of the deal. So under copyright law exclusive books are legally allowed and happen all the time.

Instead of trying to change copyright law (tough chance) you could try to legally forbid a publisher to be a retailer as well. Tough luck with that as well. New cars, for example, are sold exclusively through licensed dealerships. That is now anti-competitive as well?
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote