View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 12:48 AM   #81
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
25. Sindbad2Kindle (Send2Kindle with KF8 Support):

As far as I know the existing online services for sending to Kindle (bookmarklet or plugin), convert pages to Mobi format not KF8. This works fine for Latin languages but for RTL languages (Persian/Hebrew/Arabic/who else is out there?! ) this is not a good news, because the result is a alphabet-by-alphabet separated text that users still have to read from left to right to 'decipher'. We have to run up a service to tap into this KF8/AZW3 opportunity.
Spoiler:
Also bear in mind this is useful even for Latin pages that have KF8ish features but they're lost in conversion used by current services.

My naïve solution for now (Windows user): Calibre HTML to AZW3 converter
Also, printing pages to PDF works well but I don't like it.
1. Save the attached batch file on desktop.
2. change variable calibreFolder in this batch file to your Calibre folder (where ebook-convert.exe is located)
3. Save webpage as html (preferably on desktop)
4. drag html file on this batch file.
5. transfer the result AZW3 file (which is created on desktop) to your Kindle.

A bit of chit-chat:
Spoiler:
Well good news is that some linguists are working to devise a better system to represent Persian language, as it was LTR in the past (by past I mean 600 BC) and not connected (it's host to numerous issues)... Well, many more important changes and stuff happening there that I guess dealing with and solving linguistic issues aren't priority right now.

I'm really looking forward for a day that Persian language resigns from using Perso-Arabic alphabet [which is breathtakingly gorgeous (look up Persian calligraphy, example >>zoom in<<) but ambiguous]
Attached Files
File Type: bat html2azw3.bat (161 Bytes, 286 views)

Last edited by thatworkshop; 08-16-2012 at 01:25 AM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote