View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 10:00 AM   #11
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
I find it beautifully ironic that international nook users have to choose between violating international copyright laws to purchase a book or downloading pirated copies.

Not really, if you download from the US seller while being abroad you may only violate your country's tax laws. Theoretically you should declare the purchase, though nobody will care because of the minimal value. Any responsibility in the US is the seller's only. So I do it freely, because the local government doesn't tax pbooks I have sent by mail either.

It is just that the development of the internet has outstripped legal agreements and contracts between publishers and sellers. Now it is possible to buy goods in another country from your computer without ever going there
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote