View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 08:40 AM   #41
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
BTW I noticed when testing the standalone version of ScrambleEbook, that the gui window for the preview was appearing behind the main ScrambleEbook dialog. This occurred regardless of whether I ran calibre-debug scrambleebook.py, or whether I used my modified plugin with the cli_main method. I believe you need to raise() it.
I didn't see this at all during testing. Is is a Win vs. Linux thing do you think?

Don't laugh but in my several years of dabbling with this GUI stuff I've never once coded a .raise_(). I noticed it was there in both your cli main.py and Kovid's run-as-extra-process main.py, so obviously I kept them in.

However, both main.py's are for calling the main parent dialog and I think you're talking about the child dialogs activated by a pushbutton. At the moment all of these are currently coded as 2-liners, e.g.
Code:
dlg = EbookScramblePreviewDlg(args)
dlg.exec_()
Are you suggesting this would fix the problem?
Code:
dlg = EbookScramblePreviewDlg(args)
dlg.exec_()
dlg.raise_()
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote