View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 05:53 AM   #27
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
None of which helps you, rcentros. I was just rambling. If you find AsciiDos/AsciiDoctor seems to be working for you then of course you must follow to see where that takes you. Best of luck ... especially with hoping you can get the kids to read it .
You're not rambling, it makes perfect sense, and you're right, it does get quickly complicated (if you want complicated output). Thing is, I don't want a WYSIWYG word processor (I've never liked them). I love working with text (especially with Jstar), so I'm willing to experiment and put up with a learning curve. And I really don't need that much complication in my documents, so I'll probably only learn a fairly limited subset of AsciiDoc.

As for the blog ... it's more of my way of saying "goodbye" to many of the old readers I've collected and can no longer keep up with their charging. I figure if I take a couple pictures of them, write a little description, then I can sell them, pass them on or give them away. I don't really expect anyone (even my kids) to read the blog. It'll just be for learning and the fun of it.

One thing I really like about AsciiDoc(tor) is that any paragraph not separated by a line is treated as one FLOWING paragraph. So messed up text (with carriage returns behind every line, etc.) can easily be fixed. I'm sure I'll find frustrating limitations as I go though. That seems to be the natural progression of learning a new application.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote