View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 04:41 PM   #306
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gteague View Post
do you know how much ram the oasis 2 has? i've never seen those specs listed or in the reviews but it would for sure make the difference in how fast new books are indexed. as i said, the oasis 2 took about one hour per 100 books. unless my new pw4 can match that i think i'll keep the oasis 2 as my complete archive and use the pw4 to only hold my short list of books to read and some reference works.

i read that the kindle indexes every word in every book and my worry was that there would be so many total words, it would overflow buffers or if there was a fixed amount of storage allocated for the word list.

/guy
Search indexes are stored in a hidden folder: /system/Search Indexes

Amazon never announces under the hood specs, I think. Per this link though, Oasis 2 has 512MB.
https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...kindle-oasis-2

For what it's worth, with a little over 700 books, my Index.db is ~13MB, the entire Search Indexes folder is ~90MB and the biggest index file is ~1.8MB for an 850K words book.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote