View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 11:57 AM   #9
toodeeptofind
toodeeptofind began at the beginning.

Device: kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Because you want to read the book as a kepub. kepub is not epub. Some of the rules are different. kepubs have a requirement for a one-to-one relationship between the ToC and the files in the device. If you break that rule, strange things happen such as the page numbering is wrong.

Thanks for helping me. But still, I am not sure I can do this on my own. I am confused.

Both toc.ncx has

<navPoint id="7" playOrder="7"><navLabel><text>1 The Psychopathology of Everyday Things</text></navLabel><content src="Chapter001.html#ch1"/>

So I checked the content file.

and epub's content shows
<p class="toc-chapter" id="rch1"><span><a href="Chapter001.html#ch1">1</a><span class="space"/><span class="hide">*8 space characters are here in file.*</span><a href="Chapter001.html#ch1">The Psychopathology of Everyday Things</a></span></p>
while kpeub's content shows
<p id="rch1" class="toc-chapter"><span><a href="Chapter001.html#ch1"><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.9.1">1</span></a><span class="space"></span><span class="hide">*8 space characters are here in file.*</span><a href="Chapter001.html#ch1"><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.12.1">The Psychopathology of Everyday Things</span></a></span></p>

But again I checked Chapter001.html file and
epub has

<p class="chaptertitlea"><span><a href="Contents.html#rch2">THE PSYCHOPATHOLOGY OF EVERYDAY THINGS</a></span></p>
while kpeub.epub has
<p class="chaptertitlea"><span><a href="Contents.html#rch2"><span class="koboSpan" id="kobo.13.1">THE PSYCHOPATHOLOGY OF EVERYDAY THINGS</span></a></span></p>
IDK all seem to link to correct links with correct IDs.

I checked other books and except that book, all books seem to work just fine with page no.

Last edited by toodeeptofind; 03-30-2018 at 12:00 PM.
toodeeptofind is offline   Reply With Quote