View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 01:08 AM   #12
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuhtala View Post
No, not the desktop app...the tablet app, the "Metro" app, the Modern UI App...whatever you want to call it now. I'm not talking about the desktop application - I don't use that either. The Metro app is the only way to use Kobo on Windows 8 tablets like the Surface RT tablets. You can't install the desktop apps on a Surface RT. This is equivalent to pulling Kobo out of the Google Play store or from iTunes Store. In my mind, not having my main e-book reader on my tablet would make the tablet nearly useless to me. This is a really big deal - both for Windows 8 tablets and for Kobo. They're essentially not supporting the Windows 8 tablet platform1
It may be a pain in the rear, but have you tried downloading your Kobo books as epubs and opening them in the Nook app? It can sideload, and I assume (but haven't verified) that it can read ADEPT DRMed books. Not as convenient as syncing your books directly from Kobo, but it may be a decent interim solution until Kobo can get their app back up to par and in the store again.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote