View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan M View Post
I am computer illiterate. Are you saying I cannot use calibre to manage my ebooks? Obviously, I want to be able to work with all my files, not just some of them.
Calibre works fine if you let it (and avoid a few gotchas, most which usually only bite power users)

1)never change any file/folder name inside the Library (in general, just stay out), Calibre can deliver and rename files using templates and plugboards without you knowing where they are stored.

2) Googles cloud storage is incompatible. Period. Others, such as Dropbox have been successfully used (but are not officially sanctioned).

3) Be wary of any program (anti virus is a common one) that silently fixes files believed to be in trouble. Make the setting to ALWAYS ask You (and think about it before you decide either way)

(More for a power user
Using a single Library with Multiple Os can lead to file name Case issues.
Accessing the Same (shared) Library from 2 computers at the same time can lead to corruption of the DB.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote