Thread: Development coolreader for EE
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #7
teledyn
teledyn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe
Runs on the PE, but does not 'work'

As a fan of CoolReader on my cellphone, I thought I'd give it a try on the PE, and while it did install and load up an epub, my results were not quite useful, but still very close

Please understand that this is just my observations, not complaints I didn't expect it to run at all, but I thought I might try and send in my results just in case it is useful for improving the program. If things cannot be fixed for the PE, I don't mind

The first problem was with the page size, in Page mode in portrait view, the page boundaries do not line up with the LCD screen, the left page is cut off on the right margin, the right page is cut off even more so on the left. I tried changing font sizes and page margins, but I'm guessing the app is fixed to the dimensions of the EE screen and so there is no way to adjust it for the smaller PE screen.

In landscape view, the view is not clipped, but the page mode only goes from the top of one page to the top of the next, it will not scroll down to show the remaining screen below the bottom of the viewport screen. In scroll mode however, documents can be read quite nicely.

I wasn't able to to figure out how to switch to the eink screen -- the program did ask me for root permissions which I granted (I am running Ermine) and it keeps repeating the message that it is granted root permissions, but I'm not sure how I would tell the program to use the eink side.
teledyn is offline   Reply With Quote