View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 04:58 PM   #72
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Do you really think that Amazon doesn't want to sell you the book? It's a stupid law, yes, but it is the law, and the bookstore has to obey it.
yes, of course Amazon wants to sell me those books. On that we agree.

You say that the point of sale is my PC, and what I am saying is that the legislation in Australia makes no discrimination between ebook and paperback for personal use.
Your point I think, is that it is the author who is preventing these books being sold 'across the world' because they have not agreed to ebook sales in all countries. But in most other discussions, mainly about Australia, the 'blame' has been put to Publishers, and here anyway, they are the ones coming out as the villains. If your proposition is correct, then why aren't authors getting the 'blame'?

I can understand authors like JK Rowlings who stop ebook production entirely, but it doesn't make sense they would say, publish my book in every country but only let USA people have the ebook version.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote