View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 01:13 PM   #19
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Yes, the guidelines do cover translations, illustrations, and even prefixes that might have a different author. I mentioned it to indicate that we are aware and do check for all of these things. Sometimes the uploader can remove the illustrations or find an edition without illustrations to conform to the guidelines.

Alex, the site owner, is very concerned about his liability so it is very important to stay within the guidelines for uploads and downloaders need to be responsible for the laws in their country.

Dale
All right, I do understand that all the parts of an uploaded book, including illustrations, created by someone else than the uploader must be in the public domain or under a fitting CC license. But what about parts of the book, like a cover for instance, created by the uploader: can the uploader claim copyright on those?
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote