View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 02:50 PM   #6
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
It seems a software problem, as I had it on once when removed the back cover (it is press-locked) to check the connections. I removed the battery cable to remove the electronic board and when connected the cable it lighted only for that start.

Related to the central button, in OReader does not work but works on Neo Reader 2. I said work because you must press twice to switch on it. First try fails but second works.

After sending it to sleep, suddenly it goes on, lights on about two seconds white the screensaver and then goes off. And this evening I've gone to pick it and was off but with the light on.

As a summary, Boox software is very crappy. It was some years ago when I had to ask for the SDK and make CoolReader not to hyphen because it was fixed to Russian, and still is crappy. It has improved, but not much.

And this is one of the reasons e-Ink does not gain more track. People buy one of this craps, and then a tablet (that has way better software) and throws away the ink device and never returns. Only Kindle, and in some way Kobo, has some track (at least software works almost perfect.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote