View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Thanks for this plugin, I'll give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
OTOH I do spend many hours browsing my books in Calibre, and I know that one day we will have a "proper" cover browsing option which will look a dogs breakfast to the OCD types like me who get upset about things being all different sized shapes on the screen.
Many moons ago I decided to just resize my books to 600x800 because I recalled Kovid saying something about the cover browser using this size. This size is approximately what it would be resized to for my reader at the time. Additionally I use Dropbox and have only so much space so this was my compromise. Of course doing this without regard for the aspect ratio might cause vertigo in some users on this forum.

Quote:
Release: 0.7.3 [18 Jun, 2010]

Bug Fixes
  • Cover cache: Resize covers larger than 600x800 in the cover cache to reduce memory consumption in the GUI
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote