View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #18
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
I was curious to see how MR members might feel about the post-Murdochian WSJ. . .
I used to be a subscriber to the WSJ when I could rely on it for nonbiased business news. I stopped after the first 6 months of Murdoch ownership. I think the quality went downhill and the objective reporting joined that downhill slide.

OTOH, I have friends who still subscribe and think it is still a great newspaper.

I guess it just depends on what you wnat out of the WSJ.

A business magazine/newspaper that greatly improved with a change of ownership is Businessweek. Many years ago it was a leading voice in business. McGraw-Hill ultimately drove it into the ground. Bloomberg, which bought it for $5 million, has returned BW to its former glory (I think). News and editorial/opinion are clearly separated in BW.