Thread: Content Folders! Rant! Rave!
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 06:30 AM   #1
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Folders! Rant! Rave!

Argh!
I gotta tell ya, I love my Kindle but I'm about to throw it through the window in regards to its poor navigation options.

The inability to do any sort of organization besides author and title (which can't be edited easily at all) is just driving me nuts. And honestly, that alone really wouldn't frustrate me if we could navigate via folders which would even be better!

I'm curious... did no one testing the Kindle have much content on it? Cause I'm looking at seven pages and I'm just sick to death of trying to sort out with the first few words of a title and my email address if I mailed it to go on. The PDF's often have metadata - USE IT.

I really do like the device in every way but that. I read a lot of academic journal articles through the device, and it's just getting pretty damn messy. I love that I can just send them to my device via email so easily, but man it is getting ugly in here.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote