View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 06:23 AM   #50
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Abe View Post
He would turn the other page. If he were reading a Kindle.

It's time to calm down the discussion, and not turn this into a call for crucifying an unfortunate soul. We all agree that the man did not do the intelligent thing. But firing an employee of 10 years, while other bus drivers go free is too extreme. It would amount to selective enforcement of work rules, and lead to a major lawsuit. The government of Portland should tread slowly. Issue the man a warning and dock his pay. If he ever does it again, fire him and any others who violate written policy. Heck, make each employee sign a statement that they acknowledge the work rules, and fully understand the consequences of not following such rules.
Have you actually looked into the facts surrounding this story? I was unable to download the link given in the first post of this thread but I did find a news video that not only showed the moron apparently changing pages while the vehicle was moving but, at one point, was steering with his elbow. Then, when he discovered a passenger had caught him on camera, tried to lamely cover up the evidence by saying no photos are allowed to be taken while the vehicle was moving. Part of the newscast I saw included an interview with a spokesperson from the bus line who said that it was company policy that no electronic devices are to be used or even on the driver's person while driving. He was removed from his bus immediately after the bus line found out about it and placed under administrative leave pending investigation, then fired. The bus line reacted responsibly and appropriately.

What other bus drivers were you referring to that are going free? I could find nothing mentioned anywhere about them.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote