View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 06:22 AM   #14
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Smile

I tried Textify.exe

The output is about exactly the same as the output of the OpenOffice method.
Good news for me, it's working with Linux if you use Wine
You have to enter some statements about the kind of file to process.

The OpenOffice way is however much quicker because a dedicated macro can lead you directly to your own-formatted 9x12 cm book. However, it's a one trick macro and good only for Gutenberg kind of books.

I will keep both.

don't forget
Before entering the books in the Reader, you need to find a suitable format. I usually export my OpenOffice fileas a PDF , edit the meta-data with PDF Info and directly copy on the Reader.

Last edited by roger64; 03-26-2009 at 06:25 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote