View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 08:59 AM   #1
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Regex search details

I see that unicode characters can be found using the \uFFFF format (was \x{FFFF} coming from Sigil's PCRE), and at least some of the unicode categories work (I can find any letter in any language using \p{L} or \p{Letter}), but many of those unicode categories don't seem to have the granularity I'm accustomed to.

The bulk of the punctuation searches seems to work:
\p{P} all punctuation
\p{Pd} dashes
\p{Pi} opening quotes
\p{Pf} closing quotes
etc...

But \p{Ll} and \p{Lu} (or \p{Lowercase_Letter}, \p{Uppercase_Letter}) both seem to find all letters regardless of case--just like \p{L}.

Is this expected/known behavior?

EDIT: Ooops! Never really expected those classes to be subject to the case-sensitive check-box. My bad. Nothing to see here!

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-22-2014 at 09:05 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote