View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #460
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Fontconfig problem

I went through /etc/fonts/conf.d/ folder and looked through most files. Interestingly in 51-local.conf is the call for including local.conf - no surprise there, it is part of fc.
Code:
<include ignore_missing="yes">local.conf</include>
Does exactly what it needs to do. We get to e.g. reject extra fonts. 70-lab126-altfonts.conf enables our lovely /mnt/us/fonts directory with:
Code:
<dir>/mnt/us/fonts</dir>
Again no surprise here. It then is supposed to read a config file out of /mnt/us. The surprise here is that fc does not actually execute it. What kind of black magic is that? This is what the config file has:
Code:
<include ignore_missing="yes">
/mnt/us/fonts/alternate.conf
</include>
I am reading this and think - great news - access to fontconfig without jailbreak directly in usb accessible storage. Except it doesn't work.

I moved all my custom fonts to /mnt/us/altfonts and the following file works just fine in /etc/fonts/local.conf, but not when moved to /mnt/us/fonts/alternate.conf. What am I missing?
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
<fontconfig>
  <dir>/mnt/us/altfonts</dir>
</fontconfig>
p.s.:All this done on PW 5.3.3

Update: Baaah, stupid XML. It works just fine when the include is not spread over 3 lines. Otherwise it will look for "\n/mnt/us/fonts/alternate.conf\n" which of course does not exist. Who writes broken XML code at lab126? Unless they screwed it up on purpose.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 02-20-2013 at 10:18 PM.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote