View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 07:13 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DazJWood View Post
Seems like this cannot be done in Calibre then. I am a bit surprised that this functionality is not available. I would have thought it would be a feature that would be commonly used.
Commonly used? I doubt anyone has even given this combination a second thought. I can't imagine having a set of books that the title and author are wrong in the metadata but the rest of the metadata is good.

I either know the books have good metadata and add then using the metadata or more often than not I use filename to give me author and title and use download metadata to retrieve the rest of the metadata. Download metadata can be configured to not overwrite author and title. I use the Quick Preferences plugin to switch between the various add books methods I use and select the appropriate Regex as required.

I use the following metadata download plugins:

Barnes and Noble
Amazon
Fantastic Fiction
GoodReads

I only download tags using the Goodreads plugin which gives me a nice consistent and concise group of tags. 240 tags for 10,000 books.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-07-2013 at 07:16 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote