View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 07:40 AM   #613
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
Sure I have. How are correcting existing UI errors, making type more readable by enlarging it, and removing clutter on a screen iOS UI features? These things simply fall outside your characterization of the document.
This idea of correcting errors is fascinating. It only makes sense if you assume that the only correct way to make a smartphone is Apple's and that anything falling short of that standard is an error. While Samsung certainly felt that way, the reality is that these are design choices, and that God does not look down on the world and decree that there is one, true smartphone UI. Windows phone chose to design differently. Blackberry, for a long time, was designed differently. When you write that Samsung was only correcting errors, you are in effect saying that Samsung copied Apple. The two are synonyms in your argument. Ergo, you still haven't disputed anything I've said. Confirmed it, actually.

Quote:
Well, there ya go! Nothing shows their TRUE intent throughout that whole exercise they did that day than those words. Their intent was not to clone an iphone but to improve their own product in ways that don't infringe but rather enhance their product in common sense ways. They had no idea at that time that in a few years, Apple would be making excessive infringement claims in front of a runaway jury!
Their true intentions were to copy as much as possible while changing just enough to avoid getting caught. It didn't work, mostly because they forgot to change anything.

Quote:
While I agree the phone app icon is very similar to that in iOS, I disagree strongly that the contacts icon is "nearly identical" to that in iOS. Maybe only if you're color blind and have no sense of design whatsoever. The two icons look totally different.

At any rate, one phone icon does not a "copy" make in terms of the entire interface. And it doesn't change the fact that the intent of the document was more to correct and improve rather than to "copy."
Both apps are blatant copies. There are several others I haven't yet posted here, too. I can see some more slides are in order to make you understand.

Last edited by holymadness; 11-18-2012 at 07:45 AM.