View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #9
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozennorth View Post
Just added my 3 votes (top allowed) to it.
Excellent! It really is worth doing, because the dev (Patrick) pays attention *and* acts, which is not that common.

I also paid for an app called "ReadMe" which is also not bad, but lacking some needed options. On their website they say to get in touch if there are issues or requests... did so... not even a reply to my email, no acknowledgement at all, let alone any updates. Last updated 8 months ago and I suspect thats an end to it. They probably made enough money already.

Also paid for "EBookMobi" which isnt bad, but doesnt seem to like OPDS catalogues, only web pages. The link between the app and downloading from websites (a basic browser within the app) is pretty clumsy. There are updates from time to time though so we know its being worked on.

Bought Tomes as my first reader (it was just called Bookshelf at the time and it was before Stanza)... it was in the Installer repository which was the precursor to Cydia, and it was really really good. Its not anymore. I check it out every time theres an update but so far have not found anything to recommend it above and beyond the others.

I've been on a mission to find the perfect replacement for Stanza. It doesnt yet exist, but Patrick's work is encouraging and leads me to think that Megareader will be first past the post. (Micah... you listening?)
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote