Old 09-14-2011, 05:49 PM   #4
T.D.02809
Enthusiast
T.D.02809 doesn't litterT.D.02809 doesn't litterT.D.02809 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3rd Gen WiFi, Kindle App for MAC
Calibre Library Deleted Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arroll View Post
I opened calibre for the first time in several months and discovered that all my library is no longer there. I am not sure where it all went to as I have not been deleting things off my HDD on my computer!

I am using a sony ereader, PSR 650 with calibre. Is it possible to import all my books that are on my reader back into the calibre library? I am afraid of loosing all my books on my ereader when I sync up with calibre.

Any thoughts would be appreciated
Hi Arroll, I lost my Calibre collection and programs itself when it conflicted with the MAC OS X LION Installation. Kindle also had problem when I did the upgrade. All problems solved now.
Just wanted to encourage you to not give up searching. Your library of missing books are most likely somewhere on your HD (hard drive).
I re loaded all my books from my Kindle 3Gen to my Mac desktop Calibre library with no problems now. Like you I was concerned I was wasting time.
It was time consuming double-checking that each ebook or doc was where I wanted it. Not all items are in sync for me. Items on my desktop (Calibre or Kindle for MAC) and items on my ereader (Kindle 3Gen) are different. I would think that duplicating the entire Sony ereader contents to your desktop and or HD will allow you to duplicate to the Calibre library.
Good Luck.
T.D.02809 is offline   Reply With Quote