View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 11:14 AM   #9
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I'm going to be honest with you, Steven, because I empathize with you for the hard work you've put in and because you genuinely seem to be asking for help. There are two reasons why I, speaking for myself as a paying reader, have not purchased your books.

1) I don't really read scifi. Very occasionally, a specific novel will catch my eye, but for the most part, I really don't read scifi. That's not your fault, but it does mean you are very unlikely to get my business.

2) I think it was a mistake for you to get so involved with some of the political-type threads such as the one on piracy. It honestly does affect your on-line image. I don't think by any means that every person has to agree with my opinion in order to be worthy of my business. But I do think that in some of your posts expressing them, you have come across as very hostile and complaining, and I just can't imagine having to spend 300 pages with the persona that comes across in some of those posts. I think you might benefit from thinking a little more about what kind of image as a professional you want to portray, and maybe keep some of your opinions as Joe Average Poster separate from that.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote