View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 06:35 PM   #79
nickdma
Enthusiast
nickdma began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Just a question - what do you do in the "strip metadata, tags,series,description" step? The others are all plugins, but that sounds rather bespoke and manual?
It may not be needed, but sometimes it seems like if the book has metadata in some of those fields, it influences the results of a fetch metadata.

I generally like to start with a blank-slate, and use goodreads to fetch all the metadata.

That, and it was an example for the sake of an example

I generally only wipe those fields if when I bring up the metadata form, they're not what I'd expect. Then I'll nuke them and do a re-download. If it was easy to nuke them before a CTRL-D, I probably would.

I know from discussions with you, as well as reading from others, everyone's got a workflow, and those with large libraries are obviously collectors, with probably a backlog of unprocessed books who would love some way of automating their workflow.

As you said though, it would require some form of api between plugins. However, as plugins are relatively new, if it's deemed desirable to have plugins control each other, then the smart people will start building API's into them, and others will follow as things mature

It may be the sort of thing that's too complex for the average user, but then again, I've seen the talented people working on calibre and these plugins make some complex things pretty easy for the average user to work with.
nickdma is offline   Reply With Quote