View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 12:51 PM   #12
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Thanks for the link. I needed an orderly list that included dates of publication.

What are my chances of comprehending Foundation if I can't even figure out the story's sequence?

Since the original Foundation trilogy was actually a fix-up of shorter fiction, this is a more complicated question than you might think . That being said, I don't have exact dates, but here is publication order for the Foundation Series.

Based on Publication Date
Foundation
Foundation and Empire
Second Foundation
<roughly thirty years pass between the publication of Second Foundation and the rest!>
Foundation's Edge
Foundation and Earth
Prelude to Foundation
Forward to Foundation

Based on internal Chronology
Prelude to Foundation
Forward to Foundation
Foundation
Foundation and Empire
Second Foundation
Foundation's Edge
Foundation and Earth

I would strongly, strongly recommend reading them in publication order since the last three books published provide spoilers a plenty.
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote