Thread: Glo 2.4.0 bugs
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #29
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Honestly people there are way more important things to focus on. How many of you actually use your Kobo as your personal Calender? I am betting not one of you do that. So who cares how the date is displayed we dont use it at all. As to 24/12 hour clocks really as long as am/pm indicated we can all do the time those that have a conventional wind up watch usually only have numbers 1 to 12 on them... that said probably a few have dual numbers. Bottom line though is we dont use the Kobo in any way to tell us the day of the month or use it as a calender. So why go on about it? Its a Canadian Device the date method that is used is the acceptable date method in North America period. Prehaps the developers will indulge us and make the change and hopefully they will! The bottom line though is your world of reading will not end because the date and time are not displayed in your favourite method.
While I see where you're coming from and can actually understand that you feel that way – I'm afraid I also feel that you cannot judge how important the 'issue' is for other people. I personally keep track of when I last synced my Kobo by looking at the date given in the "three lines menu." And I get confused every single time I see the date. I'm afraid I will never get used to the "wrong" way round (for me). The same goes for the 12h clock. When I'm in bed reading, completely immersed in my book, and I quickly check the time to see if I need to stop reading and go to sleep and I see a "11:55," I'm immediately disoriented. "Wait what? It's day already? Oh wait, no, it says pm." I've been trained to see morning time in numbers above 12 and afternoon and evening in numbers below 12 (13-23 and then 0). The am/pm addition doesn't help, it's not the way I look at numbers.

So yes, in fact, for me, these settings are a nuisance.

Quote:
And on that note if this is really all we have to rant about with the problems of meteors crashing to earth, schools being shot up, insane police going on rampages, then really when you put it into perspective life is good of us Koboists don't you think?
Well sure. Yes. But then, you can say that about every single bug. Tiny illegible fonts every new chapter? Kobo not remembering the last page you read? Kobo battery only lasts 5 days? So what? People are getting killed somewhere in the world!

Quote:
Now quit your whining and lets get on with the real issues at hand.
I actually find that rather harsh.

As per above: issues that are non-issues for you can be actual issues for others.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote