Thread: Audible
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 06:53 PM   #7
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
My problem is I have audible ebook companions. I have about 140 and around 30 of the audibles are no longer linked to the ebook even tho they are still advertised as audible companions on amazon. Makes me mad for i read and listen at the same time and audible and amazon can not fix it or they do not want to.
I have had pretty good success with Customer Support in fixing these issues. I would start with Audible support, and they can send you to Kindle support if that is where the problem is. I usually wait until I have a few to resolve. I’ve probably had to resolve about a dozen of these, and currently have only 2 that don’t work as expected. One of them is Anna Karenina, and I refuse to even start it until I can resolve it (my excuse anyway). The other is Book of Dust, which worked when I first bought them, then stopped working (And listings showed no Whispersync); now the listings say it does support it.

Sometimes the Kindle book needs an update (which is usually self-service), sometimes the Audible book needs an update (which Audible CS can handle). The other thing you can try (on ios or Android) is to do an explicit Sync (from Settings menu). This takes several minutes and is a little ‘deeper’ than just pull-down sync. I think it has fixed 1 or 2 of the issues I had.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote