Thread: Audible
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 07:38 PM   #1
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Audible

I was looking at my audiobook library this morning and noticed that the catalog only listed two books in a series that has six books, and I distinctly remember listening to the whole series some time ago. Look on my audible library at audible and sure enough, they were there. When I compared the number of books that I bought from audible with the number that I had in my books library, I found I was missing around 30.

So, I pulled up OpenAudible (an excellent tool if you have a lot of audible audiobooks), synced it up and told it to download all my books. A few hours later, all my audible audiobooks were downloaded into a fresh folder. I did a side by side comparison between OpenAudible and books (made a bit more difficult because the two programs didn't sort the title exactly the same) and found 32 audiobooks not in my books library. Very odd.

Looking at the missing books, I would say that about half were books that had the same title as a book in the books library, but a different author, so my guess is those books got deleted by the removed duplicate books command that I invoked several years ago. I suspect many of the rest were a format issue.

By format issue, in 2016 when Apple dropped support of audiobooks in playlist, I got around it by converting to mp3 files and then when I had listened to the mp3, I deleted them from the library, leaving just the audible format file. I suspect that I converted those books, but forgot to also import the audible format file. Last year, at this time, when I got a carplay capable car entertainment center, I purged the mp3 files.

Sigh. Well, all is well that ends well.

Now, to get back to the issue that caused me to page through my library, i.e. trying to find a couple of audiobooks to give me a change of pace in my up next list.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote