View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 10:11 AM   #9
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I guess this applies more to those that side load everything. I don't as I buy pretty much all books from Amazon. If I do get something elsewhere, or grab a recipe of a site, I always use the send to kindle option, which I guess is like emailing. I must have it in the cloud, no other option will work for me. I do have had issues in the past with ebooks not looking right or not having a cover. For that reason I have basically stopped getting books from any other place than Amazon.

All this plugin talk is like a foreign language to me. I only use calibre to back up my books. No real fiddling of any kind. I never actually use it to get the books to my kindle. They are already in the cloud there so I don't have to. Not sure if I even remember how to do it from the computer and calibre. And knowing my lack of skill there, they'd probably not have a cover than either.
But again, now that I get my books from Amazon pretty much 100% of the time, none of that matters. For the recipes and such, I don't need a cover and don't really care what they look like. They are the single type recipes from sites. Actual cookbooks I would get from amazon again to get the proper formatting.

But like I said, if some don't get their books from amazon, or have to or want to side load everything, emailing one by one might take a bit long. But that doesn't apply to me.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote