View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 05:58 PM   #4
sjfan
Addict
sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What is the reason to email Kindle eBooks when most of the time you end up with Mobi format? Why not side load KF8 instead? Some of the new features in newer (PW2 on up) Kindles only work with KF8. Plus, you can hyphenate KF8 using the Hyphenate This! plugin. You cannot hyphenate Mobi.
You’re conflating file transfer (email vs. sideloading) with conversion and formats. They’re independent concepts.

When I buy books (or clean up public domain ones) for my parents, I’ll download them, load into calibre, convert to kf8, smarten the quotes, spell check, clean up the metadata, hyphenate, etc, and then email the finished product to their kindle.

It’s easier to email the book directly to their kindle than to email it (or otherwise transfer the file) to them and teach them to load it into calibre and sideload it.
sjfan is offline   Reply With Quote