Thread: Firmware Update Firmware update 5.9.4
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 03:54 AM   #39
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamP View Post
Since applying this FW update, my well-used 6th Gen PW seems to be draining the battery at an alarming rate.
I'm now recharging it on a daily basis.

Is my experience just a one-off?

Airplane mode on. Screen brightness @ ~ 20%. (No change from prior settings)
Most or at least many updates trigger reindexing of all of the content on the device. That will cause faster battery drain until it is done. It can take hours if you have a lot of stuff on there.

If it persists it may be because of a corrupt file. To check indexing status, go to Home screen and search for ‘.’ (I.e. a single period). On the ensuing search results page, tap Text in Books, and it may show Items Not Yet Indexed. Tap on that and it will show names of things it is indexing. Deleting these and redownloading should fix things.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote