View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 10:41 AM   #15
vr8ce
Enthusiast
vr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchforkvr8ce can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: iPad Pro 9.7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by deback View Post
I don't recall ever saying that my experience would work better for all. Please show me where I said that.
You replied to an already resolved issue with this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deback View Post
It's much quicker to place all your search and replace strings in one text file
You didn't say, "It's much quicker for me," you said it's quicker for "your searches." Which means you're talking to whoever's reading this. If that's not what you meant, then you need to be more careful about your wording.

You also missed, or ignored, that I asked about function mode. Which means I was already writing a Python function to do the replace work, which means a separate text list would be redundant and unnecessary. If I had a list of things that needed to be done, I would put the entire list in the function.

The whole rest of this thread after my reply to Kovid was pretty funny. I asked a very specific question, got a very specific answer, and then a fight (used metaphorically and tongue-in-cheek, not literally) breaks out about the whole concept of saved searches. The interweb is an amazing, and amusing, place.
vr8ce is offline   Reply With Quote